I noticed that if I query a list of entities in the and display just the entities, but not their values, it’s pretty fast. For instance:
match $t isa track; (is-of-genre: $t, genre-in: $g) isa track-genre-of; limit 10; offset 0; get $g;
I got results like the following, in a decent time:
$g id V49392 isa musical_genre;
$g id V21322 isa musical_genre;
$g id V71292 isa musical_genre;
However, when I want to display the attribute “name” of the genre, it is super super long, and I run into a timeout. The query looks like:
match $t isa track; (is-of-genre: $t, genre-in: $g) isa track-genre-of; $g has name $n; limit 10; offset 0; get $g, $n;
I have 100k tracks in my data, and quite the same amount of genre relations.
When I perform the same query on the web interface, it’s also very super long, but still displays. My CPU is burning.
I know the Grakn team is working on performance issues. Maybe this falls in this category. I wanted to highlight at some point, in my case, it is related to displaying attributes.