January 12th marked the release of Grakn 0.10.0, which includes the following:
- Complete revamp of the Grakn Engine, introducing a horizontally scalable framework for distributed tasks with load balancing and failover. The framework is used for long running background tasks such as bulk loading, validation, post-processing and more in the future.
- Added system version number to the system keyspace so that Grakn software upgrades are well managed in the future.
- Relaxed the restriction of roles being unique to relations. From now on, a given role type can be used in different relation types.
- Make insert queries return results just like match queries.
- Improved Dashboard.
- Encrypt user passwords in system keyspace.
- Add support for multiple queries in one expression
- Tidying up of Core and Graql APIs.
- Improved transaction handling.
- Many bug fixes, improved API Javadocs, enhanced tests and overall improved quality.
Please leave any queries, problems or feedback as comments to this post, or talk to us on Slack!