Kasper here. I hope you are doing extremely well.
So the current state of reality is the following:
- by default inferred information is NOT inserted into the database (fastest)
- you can optionally insert if:
- in the shell, by specifying the -m option,
- in dashboard, by ticking the
materialise inference option
- from the API level, when constructing
QueryBuilder you specify
- in all of the above cases, you have to explicitly commit the graph after querying to persist the inferences
- if you specify to insert (materialise) inferences, all inferences found when executing the query will be inserted, not only the answers to your query
- regarding differentiating inferred data from other db data, we are planning to insert an extra label to mark the inferences, I envisage it happening after the next release.
The inference insertion behaviour is subject to change as it was not getting a lot of use. Hence, please let us know if anything is a particular pain in the neck. Any kind of feedback would be very welcome
Hope that helps. Give us a shout if you need more clarification.