So just a quick disclaimer, what I am going to run through will get you working on the development branch of Grakn where things are in constant flux so be aware that there may be bugs or performance issues we have not ironed out yet.
With that out of the way lets begin:
- Ensure you have Oracle JDK 8 installed and JAVA is on your path.
- Ensure you have Maven installed
- Ensure you have Git installed
With the prerequisites out of the way you going to want to do the following:
- From terminal clone the repo with:
git clone https://github.com/graknlabs/grakn
- Navigate into the directory
- Compile and package the repo
mvn clean package -DskipTests
- Navigate into
cd grakn-dist/target/ in there you will see a
zip and a
tar of the grakn distribution. Copy that, unzip it somewhere and you can start using grakn as normal.
Hope that helps!